Mother discovers scented candles almost put her infant’s life in danger

Mother discovers scented candles almost put her infant’s life in danger

People often use scented candles to create a warm and cozy atmosphere. However, not all of us are aware that such seemingly harmless things can also put people’s lives in danger as these contain hazardous and carcinogenic ingredients. This was what Meghan Budden, a mother, discovered about her infant son.

Credits to: Newsner

While nursing him once, Meghan saw mysterious dark spots on a towel, leading her to the discovery of dark specks inside her baby’s nostrils. The mother did not have any idea how it occurred, and that these spots kept on coming back even after cleaning them.

Credits to: Newsner

Soon enough, she found out that scented candles were the cause of 20,000 deaths in the United States every year. When she checked the candles’ boxes, she realized that they shouldn’t be lit for three hours or more.

Credits to: Newsner

These scented candles produce soot, spread throughout the room, and left the baby with no other option but to breathe the soot in. Cashins & Associates, health consultants, stated that being intoxicated on scented candles can lead to cardiovascular disease, asthma, bronchitis, and other respiratory diseases.

Credits to: Newsner

Meghan and her husband were lucky enough to discover how harmful scented candles can be before it was too late. Their baby is now healthy and the previously mysterious and worrying dark spots are nowhere to be found. The mother also hopes that what they went through will act as a warning to other parents.

Credits to: Newsner
Credits to: Newsner

What can you say about this? Share your comments and reactions below.

Source: Newsner

Think this is important? Share with your friends!

TAGS: ,