Mom shares horrifying story of how her son got HFMD from a mall playhouse

Mom shares horrifying story of how her son got HFMD from a mall playhouse

A concerned mother took to Facebook to warn other parents about how their children can contract hand, foot, and mouth disease (HFMD) from crowded places. In a post she wrote in November of 2017, Madelyn Bercasio Gurango narrated how her son Clark contracted the contagious disease after playing at a mall playhouse.

Credits to: Urdailyfeed.com

According to Gurango, she brought her son to the pediatrician for his monthly checkup. Because the results were good, she decided to reward Clark by bringing him to the mall to have his hair cut. She then let him spend time in a playhouse.

Credits to: Urdailyfeed.com

The next day, however, Gurango’s mother called her at work to tell her that Clark has a fever. When she got home, she found her son vomiting and having chills. Soon, pox-like rashes started to appear on Clark’s foot, and Gurango noticed that they quickly spread up to his body. She then rushed him to the hospital.

Credits to: Urdailyfeed.com

The doctor diagnosed Clark with HFMD. He said the disease is contagious and it is transferred through direct contact, or by saliva or nasal discharge from an infected person. He added that playing in crowded places such as communal playgrounds exposes the child to the risk of contracting the viral disease.

Credits to: Urdailyfeed.com

According to WebMD, HFMD is caused by a virus. Symptoms include ulcers or sores inside or around the mouth and rashes or blisters on the hands, feet, legs, or buttocks. These symptoms are supposed to clear up after 5 to 10 days.

Fortunately, after taking medication for a week, Clark started feeling better.

Credits to: Urdailyfeed.com

Gurango ended her post with a message to all parents:
“This post is sending awareness sa mga parents para makaiwas at alam na rin gagawin para sa mga anak nila. Kase pakiramdam ko kahit gaano ko isecure yung anak ko may kulang at magkukulang parin in some ways…”

What can you say about this horrifying story of a child who contracted HFMD from a playground? Let us know your thoughts by dropping a comment below!

Source: Ur Dailyneed

Think this is important? Share with your friends!

TAGS: ,