It’s a hard thing to watch your loved ones battle through fatal diseases, only for them to lose. Many people have these shared experiences, including the families of our favorite celebrities.
Check out these 13 celebrities and personalities who were diagnosed with the disease caused by the uncontrolled division of abnormal cells in the body. Who later on, lay down their lives and crossed the great divide.
1. Rio Diaz (August 14, 1959 – October 4, 2004)
The former beauty queen was diagnosed with stage four uncontrolled malformed cell growth in the colon and met her end in the U.S in 2004.
2. Rudy Fernandez (March 3, 1952 – June 7, 2008)
The veteran action star succumbed to uncontrolled malformed cell growth in the pancreas when he was 56 years old.
3. Johnny Delgado (February 28, 1948 – November 19, 2009)
The veteran actor breathed his last after a long struggle with lymphoma, or uncontrolled malformed cell growth of the lymph nodes.
4. Redford White (December 5, 1955 – July 25, 2010)
The veteran actor and comedian crossed the great divide due to the malignant growth of cells in the brain and lungs.
5. Charlie Davao (October 7, 1934 – August 8, 2010)
Ricky Davao’s father succumbed to uncontrolled malformed cell growth in the colon.
6. Marilou Diaz Abaya (March 30, 1955 – October 8, 2012)
The multi-awarded director lost her battle with uncontrolled malformed cell growth in the breast.
7. Angelo Castro Jr. (March 6, 1945 – April 5, 2012)
The renowned broadcaster and actor succumbed to uncontrolled malformed cell growth in the lungs.
8. Mario O’Hara (April 20, 1946 – June 26, 2012)
The award-winning director, actor, playwright failed in his battle after refusing from treatments.
9. Susan Fuentes (November 1, 1954 – September 7, 2013)
The “Queen of Visayan songs” succumbed to uncontrolled malformed cell growth in the colon.
10. Francis Magalona or simply Francis M (October 4, 1964 – March 6, 2009)
The renowned “Master Rapper” of the country left this world seven months after being diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia.
11. June Keithley (March 10, 1947 – November 23, 2013)
The 1986 EDSA Revolution icon was first diagnosed with uncontrolled malformed cell growth in the breast in 2009. The doctor then told her that she has three years to live.
12. Mark Gil (September 25, 1961 – September 1, 2014)
The veteran actor was afflicted with uncontrolled malformed cell growth in the liver. In 2014 – two years after he was he was diagnosed, Mark Gil left this world peacefully in his sleep.
13. Jam Sebastian (March 20, 1986 – March 4, 2015)
The social media star succumbed to his battle with Stage 4 malformed cell growth in the lungs.