These 12 local celebrities chose to leave the dazzling lights of showbiz industry to focus on their personal endeavors. Some of them are still on hiatus but most of them are now back and are busy with their own respective projects.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN: Gush over Dawn Zulueta’s look-alike, Shaira Diaz
1. Kylie Padilla- Kylie was one of the lead stars of the Kapuso fantaserye “Encantadia” when she revealed that she was pregnant with her firstborn baby Alas Joaquin. In order to focus on her “unico hijo”, Aljur Abrenica’s soon-to-be-wife decided to step away from the limelight of showbiz industry.
Last Sunday, Kylie surprised her fans when she had a comeback performance on the Kapuso variety show “Lip Sync Battle”.
2. Megan Young – During her reign as Miss World 2013, Megan Young became busy with her schedule as a beauty queen. For almost a year, the actress had a wonderful time visiting different places. After she turned over her crown, Megan returned to the Kapuso network and became the lead star of the remake series” Marimar”.
3. Marian Rivera – Dingdong Dantes’s loving wife went on hiatus when she got pregnant with their cute and adorable daughter Maria Letizia. After three months, Marian made her comeback on the dance stage when she joined the cast of “Sunday Pinasaya”.
4. Samantha Lopez – Well-known to many as Gracia, the former performer of the long-time running noontime show “Eat Bulaga” left the showbiz industry in 2002. For a couple of years, Samantha lived in New York with her ex-husband Warren Edwards.
Presently, Samatha is back in the limelight as she is now one of the casts of the Kapuso afternoon series “The Stepdaughters.”
5. Ellen Adarna and John Lloyd Cruz
The celebrity couple has been making a lot of buzz on social media these past few months. They went on hiatus when rumors about Ellen’s alleged pregnancy surfaced online.
6. Sarah Lahbati
In 2013, The Star Struck alumna announced that she would be going to Switzerland to study. However, a year after, her fans were surprised when she and Richard Gutierrez confirmed that they already have a baby.
7. Angel Locsin
In 2007, the former top-billed actress of the Kapuso network went to London to study “fashion design”. However, after four months, her fans were surprised when they found out that Angel signed on with ABS-CBN.
8. Sunshine Dizon
When she tied the knot with then-husband Timothy Tan in 2010, the veteran actress decided to leave the showbiz industry and focus on being a hands-on mom to her children.
However, after six years, Sunshine finally decided to have return to showbiz.
9. Kris Aquino
It’s been years since Kris Aquino was last seen by televiewers on a TV show. Nevertheless, the “Queen of All Media” remains active in reaching out to her fans through her social media accounts.
10. Charlotte and Charice Hermoso
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN: Daniel Padilla proudly proclaims that no one can top his love for Kathryn Bernardo
The iconic twins of the renowned “Surf” commercials during the late ’90s are all grown up now. After years of being on hiatus, the two gorgeous ladies are now ready to showcase their prowess in acting. Today, they are part of the latest Kapuso romantic comedy series ‘Inday Will Always Love You.”